The Ignatian Solidarity Network (ISN) is organizing a day of prayer on January 19, 2017 as a way “to illuminate the dignity of our immigrant brothers and sisters, and the value of each individual’s contribution to the country.” They offer resources and ideas for organizing prayer on that day on their website.
ISN offers ideas of how to become involved:
- Host a prayer service or intention a Mass at your campus, parish, or organization for immigrants
- Use symbols of light such as vigil candles as a part of your prayer experience
- Lift up the stories of immigrant members of your community
- Invite the local community to join you in prayer
- Pray for our new governmental leaders to enact policies that illuminate the dignity of immigrant brothers and sisters
- Create environments of prayer that focus on illuminating the social teachings of our Catholic faith and other faith traditions
More resources and prayers are available on their website.