“FAITH, CLIMATE, AND HEALTH: CREATION CARE FOR A GREENER FUTURE”
Grace Hall, Cabrini College
610 King of Prussia Rd., Radnor, PA 19087
Friday, April 17, 2015, 9a.m.-2p.m.
At this free conference, concerned citizens will gather to examine the perils of climate change and how we as a society can address them.
- SEE – the spiritual call to care for God’s creation.
- JUDGE – the scientific evidence about the threats posed by climate change.
- ACT – with practical initiatives on how to undertake take political, institutional, and personal advocacy to arrest climate change and bring about a greener world.
U.S. Senator Robert P. Casey has been invited to be the keynote speaker on
“The Impact of Climate Change on Children’s Health”
Additional Speakers Include:
- John Francis Burke, Ph.D., Cabrini College, “The Greening of Catholic Social Teaching”
- Rabbi Arthur Waskow, The Shalom Center ”From Eden to Shabbat to Jubilee: The Earth-Oriented Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures “
- Carrie Nielsen, Ph.D., Cabrini College, A Scientific Engagement of Environmental Health Issues
- Chuck Marshall, Central Baptist Church, Striving for a Carbon-Neutral Faith-Based Community – The Case of Central Baptist, Wayne PA
- The Shalom Center, Environmental Political Advocacy – “Move Our Money, Protect Our Planet”
- Mitch Hescox, Evangelical Environmental Network, The Joseph Pledge – Preparing Churches for Extreme Weather & Climate Change
Lunch will be provided.
PA Interfaith Power and Light
Evangelical Environmental Network
PHILADELPHIA Interfaith Power and Light
The PA Religious Coalition on Creation Care
The National Religious Coalition on Creation Care