The Roundtable Association of Catholic Diocesan Social Action Directors (SAD) has announced the event schedule for their annual symposium, scheduled for Friday, January 23 in Washington, DC.
This symposium brings together the Pro-life and Social Justice Ministries for dialogue, including how these movements can work together to promote a culture of life and dignity. Participants will explore the latest research on viewpoints of people in the pews related to life and justice issues. A special welcome is extended to all who are attending the March for Life including the youth and young adult community as well as those who are attending the Catholic Social Ministry Gathering. This event will include a series of integrated roundtables where the Pro-Life, disability, death penalty, and social justice communities will be brought together to explore models of dialogue and collaboration between their respective ministries. Speakers will assist participants by presenting research and best practices on a collaborative approach to confront the throw-away culture and acknowledge the dignity of all human life. Event fees apply – $100 for non-members, $85 for members. For information about discounts and scholarships contact email@example.com. Scholarships or discounts will be available for young adult participants.
Schedule for the Day:
March for Life: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Symposium: 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Refreshments (4:00-4:30)
- Prayer – Cardinal O’Malley, prayer and intro (4:30-4:45)
- Research presentation: What are the challenges to collaboration between pro-life and SAD, feeling called to do God’s work and desire to overcome challenges but recognizing the challenges and looking for leadership from bishops on this. (4:45-5:20)
- Q and A (5:20-5:40)
- Panel: Four people presenting on conversion into collaboration to actually engage one another, the Pro-life and SAD will each look at two champion collaborators who come from different diocesan structures and who can share from a different model of collaboration. (5:40-6:25)
- Refreshments (6:25-6:40)
- Roundtable: How do work together with this theme (throwaway culture) with each table having an issue focus. (6:45-7:15)
- Large group presentation/discussion (7:20-7:45)
- Closing Prayer, announcement and thank you (7:45-8:00)