As the season of Lent approaches, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites all to participate – including and especially college students – in the annual CRS Rice Bowl. CRS has developed multiple additional resources tailored to colleges and universities. Among their resources, CRS includes a list of things you can do to participate in the Rice Bowl in various ways:
- Share your faith: Community Reflections in English and in Spanish on climate change and Laudato Si’ are available to all.
- Eat simply: All are encouraged to not only go meatless on Fridays but to continue to eat simply throughout Lent.Delicious meatless recipes available here!
- Keep Lent in your pocket: The CRS Rice Bowl app is available for iPhone and Android devices! This is an easy way to keep track of the daily reflections and your Lenten fast.
- Distribute CRS Rice Bowls: Giving to the best of our abilities is still a part of Lent! Order your Rice Bowl kit for FREE here.
- Volunteer with a local faith community: We are also called to give of our time and talents. Check out CRS school and parish resources!
Does your college or university have other Lenten resources? Let us know!