This week, ACCU released the Summer 2015 issue of Update, its quarterly newsletter. You can read it in its entirety here, but be sure to pay special attention to the sections devoted to peace and justice. These highlights include:
- Catholic Higher Ed: Serving First-Gen and Low-Income Students, showing their commitment to helping students achieve a college education.
- Partnerships Benefit Communities and Students by allowing students to put Catholic Social Teaching into practice.
- Students Create a More Sustainable Tomorrow through their actions, which range from a recycling project after a sporting event to a campus club’s efforts in the greater community.
- Notre Dame of MD Recognized by United Nations after being granted non-governmental organization status.
- Organic Kitchen Garden to Feed Holy Names University and further educate the Holy Names University community.
- Service Reflects Mission to Make a Difference following a life-changing six-month oral history project.
- Saint Mary’s University Presents Award to Pope Francis as recognition of extraordinary service to the vulnerable and marginalized members of society.
- ‘Pope Francis Challenge’ Spurs Action at Holy Cross College by getting students and faculty to reach out and offer friendship to the marginalized.
To subscribe to Update, please email Paula Moore.